This Privacy Statement deals with information that a user may provide on Nuvei Technologies‘ websites.
For the purposes of this Statement, Nuvei Technologies definition of ‘user’ encompasses merchants, affiliate members, partners, sales agents, sponsors, customers and cardholders and any other visitor who discloses information to the company. Nuvei Technologies is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information and wants to promote trust and confidence on the Internet. To that end, Nuvei Technologies hereby outlines the type of information that is collected and tracked on this website and how Nuvei Technologies uses this information in its business operations.
This Privacy Statement describes:
- The personally identifiable information Nuvei Technologies collects.
- How Nuvei Technologies uses the information.
- With whom Nuvei Technologies may share the information.
- The safeguards that are in place to prevent loss and/or misuse of the information and to maintain its integrity.
- How users can update or correct personal information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Nuvei Technologies collects information from its users in the following methods.
- Nuvei Technologies collects personally identifiable information on its users through the registration process (merchant account applications, affiliate program application, partners’ program application and customer’s purchase information) where the applicant is required to give some of the following contact information: company information, product information, technical information, credit card information, account executive name, telephone number, email address, address.
- In order to complete an application form or a customer information request, the user is required to provide Nuvei Technologies with the following information: name, mailing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card information. This information is used to complete the account application process, to complete the customer’s information request and to verify the validity of a request.
- Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) address is automatically received and collected when they visit some Nuvei Technologies websites. Nuvei Technologies also tracks information such as the domain name from which a user visits us, the pages a user requests, and the amount of time that a user spends on the site. From the IP address, Nuvei Technologies can only determine the Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of user’s point of connectivity. This information is used in the aggregate for statistical purposes.
USE OF INFORMATION
Information Collected Through Tracking
- The information that Nuvei Technologies collects is used in the aggregate to obtain demographic information about the entire Nuvei Technologies audience in order to improve service to its customers and merchants, to perform statistical analysis of the collective characteristics and behavior of its users. From this information, Nuvei Technologies can measure overall patron demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Nuvei Technologies domain and to analyze how and where to apply its resources. Nuvei Technologies also uses the collected aggregate data to inform its sponsors of the number of visitors who have seen and “clicked” on their advertisements. Cookies are used to determine what particular content (e.g. advertising) users view, how long they view it, which content or sites that users link to, and which services members and visitors tend to use.
Information Collected Through Registration
- Merchants’ personal information is used to set up the merchant’s account, to send the merchants updates, or changes to Nuvei Technologies services. Nuvei Technologies uses credit card information to fulfill the merchant account application process. Customers’ personal and payment information is used to confirm the customer’s identity and to provide information concerning the customer’s online order. All queries are initiated by the customer, through his/her entering of personally identifiable data on websites operated by Nuvei Technologies; serving as a customer service site.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- Nuvei Technologies credit card transactions are handled by third-party financial institutions that receive the credit card number and other personal information in order to verify the validity of the credit card numbers and process the transactions.
- Law Enforcement Investigations
- Nuvei Technologies may be required to disclose personal information when required by law wherein it believes that such disclosure is necessary to comply with legal proceedings. Nuvei Technologies responds to subpoenas, warrants, or other court orders regarding information that is contained within our access logs concerning any merchant, user, customer or visitor. Nuvei Technologies reserves the right to release information concerning any user who is believed to be in violation of contract, regulations, laws or guidelines, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. Nuvei Technologies cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use its services for illegal activities. Nuvei Technologies also reserves the right to report any deemed illegal activity by its users to law enforcement agencies.
- In the event of an inquiry or a dispute by a customer, Nuvei Technologies releases to customers information about the merchant, such as Customer Service Phone Line (if provided by the merchant), merchant’s administrative contact information, and merchant’s website.
- Nuvei Technologies discloses information only to third parties who are business partners that provide intrinsic services (i.e. credit card companies) and who are required to treat the information with the same degree of care. Please note that Nuvei Technologies‘ website links to a wide variety of other websites, and Nuvei Technologies is not accountable for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users. Please note that Nuvei Technologies does not control the acts of its users, merchants, suppliers, etc. All users should be aware that, when they disclose personal information to third parties on or off the Nuvei Technologies websites, the information may be collected and used to send that user unsolicited email. In the event that a customer encounters a Nuvei Technologies merchant who is improperly collecting or using personal information, please contact Nuvei Technologies immediately.
Nuvei Technologies uses commercially reasonable precautions, such as security software, physical security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of its users’ personal information; it is also committed to constantly improving its security measures as new technology is made available. Nuvei Technologies works diligently to protect the safety of customers’ online purchases and merchants’ sensitive information by using authentication technology (certificates) and encryption technology (SSL). Our secure server software encrypts all personal information, including credit card information and/or social security number, which is transmitted over the Internet to and from Nuvei Technologies websites.
UPDATING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
If you would like to view the information Nuvei Technologies has collected about you, correct your information or opt not to consent to certain uses of your personal information, please contact your assigned account executive, who will assist you in this process. If you have questions or suggestions, we can be reached at:
1100 Boulevard René-Lévesque West, Suite 900
Attn: Privacy Officer
5000 Legacy Drive, Suite 320
Attn: Privacy Officer
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Statement is subject to change as Nuvei Technologies enhances its services and products, as well as being amended to maintain compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. Users who have a contract with Nuvei Technologies will be notified of any changes and other users will be notified prior to collecting such information, as well as of changes to any other part of the business that Nuvei Technologies deems appropriate for disclosure.
If Nuvei Technologies intends to use personal information in a manner other than is stated at the time of collection, users will be notified and given the opportunity to consent to such a use.
Users of Nuvei Technologies websites must abide by the regulations and laws of their country of origin.